cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:51:07 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> 	Hope your holidays were great! :-)
> <<
> Yep - but I have already forgotten them :-(. Now Carsten is off for a few
> days - (not that he's earned it... - ouch) :-). Also - it's a pity we will
> not be able to go guiness-drinking in Dublin after all..

	I know, what a let down! :-(

	We'll have to have a Cocoon Stammtisch in Frankfurt! :-)

> Anyway - thanks for your comments. We are still finding C2 on a Linux
> platform to be a lot less stable than on W2K. We are having quite a few
> tomcat crashes, memory problems etc. Also our first impression is that they
> actually seem to be worse under 1.3.1 and I was just wondering if this is a
> common report - or maybe something else is wrong.

	Well, you could be right, we're not running C2 on Linux in production,
	only for development. Our production and test environment is actually
	on Sun Solaris systems.

	I'd be interested in the details of your problems though, we're
	looking at moving to 1.3.1 on our Sun systems. Any more info you can
	give us ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: