cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject RE: [C2 patch] Jikes 1.14
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:03:46 GMT
Hi Vadim,

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Done.
>
> Marcus, would you mind testing it one more time?

	No problem. We'll get there eventually! :-)

ERROR   14921   [cocoon  ] (Thread-25): Error compiling sitemap
java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(StringTokenizer.java:235)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Jikes.parseError(Jikes.java:201)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Jikes.parseStream(Jikes.java:189)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.AbstractJavaCompiler.getErrors(AbstractJavaCompiler.java:114)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:191)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:131)

	From my observations, I think the problem lies in fact that 'line' is
	not set to null, when encountering the end of the first message.

	This causes the first readline to be skipped, on my system pushing
	an empty (non-null) string onto the buffer. The second set of readlines
	immediately breaks because it actually reads the first line of the
	next error, not the rest of the error (which contain leading spaces).

	This results in parseError being called with an empty string - and
	hence causing the exception above.

	I had explicitly set 'line' to null so the first readline would always
	be executed (check the attached patch).

	I also noticed that parseError does not build a complete error message
	on my system as nextToken() is only called once (delimited by newline).
	I've also added a test and loop to get all of the message in the
	attached patch.

	Could it be that jikes is behaving differently between our systems ?
	Sounds like it.

	I've also attached how my logfile, to compare against how it looks
	against your system.

	Hope that helps.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750