cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritse...@yahoo.com>
Subject Beautify 404
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:17:11 GMT
Hello everybody,

Checked in changes to allow custom 404 page. To use it, just add something like this
to your <map:pipeline>:

   <map:handle-errors type="404">
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/error2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
   </map:handle-errors>

Other possible value for type attribute is 500 - which is default; the meaning for 500 type
erorr handler is the same as before, and type attribute is optional (preserving old syntax).

It is allowed to use own generator:

   <map:handle-errors type="404">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="my404.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
   </map:handle-errors>

Every <map:pipeline> might have own customized 404 page; if no page is specified,
CocoonServlet will process an error. If request did not match any pipeline, 404 page from
last pipeline will be used.

Comments are very welcome.

Thanks,
Vadim