cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritse...@hns.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVS
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:42:39 GMT
Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVSFrom your log file:

ERROR   55277   [cocoon  ] (Unknown-URI) Thread-14/Handler: Error compiling
sitemap java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
 at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
 at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:58)
 at
org.apache.batik.css.value.DefaultSystemColorResolver.activeBorder(DefaultSy
stemColorResolver.java:27)
 at org.apache.batik.css.value.ColorFactory.<init>(ColorFactory.java:75)
 at
org.apache.batik.css.value.CommonValueFactoryMap.<init>(CommonValueFactoryMa
p.java:39)

It means that you are using Batik (it's configured in sitemap) under UNIX,
and for this you must have X server running.
The alternative is Xvfb. Check cocoon-user archive for details.

Vadim

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Carlos [mailto:carlos@cvc.edu]
  Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:48 PM
  To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
  Subject: Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVS

  I’ve attached the latest log of Cocoon 2.1-dev from CVS. It is still
complaining about not being able to find up a sitemap component and it can’t
find tools.jar (is it still required?)

  Any and all help is appreciated. I’’d love to upgrade now

  Carlos

  PS: Sorry about the length of the attachment, I didn’t know where to cut
it