cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: AW: Are we ready for C2 Beta 2 yet [ Still MRUMemoryStore probs ]
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:35:42 GMT
Hi Rick,
>>Thanx, but you forgot to fix the remove() method.

>Yup, you're right!  This does raise a question though.

>  Does this mean that a cached object will be removed from both
>  the memory cache and fs cache at at the same time?  Is that
>  the behaviour we want from the fs cache?
No, no only when you force this method. I added a xdoc with the
explanation of the MRUMemoryStore. But so far
store() -->
if mem full
  kick out old objects from mem and swap it to fs
  (this is handeld by the free method.)
store new object in mem (on the top of the list)
store new object on the fs.

get() -->
getting object from mem
if null
 get object from fs
 if not null
   return object
 else
  return null
else
  return object

remove() -->
remove object from memory and the filesystem.
(for clean ups, etc)
But this method must be explicit called

Cheers
Gerhard

>Thank you very much. But I would like to send a patch with the whole fixes
>when this is ok.

That makes sense.

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
 So make the best of this test and don't ask why.'