cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: IMPORTANT: Issue with MRUMemmoryStore
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:29:39 GMT
Hi,
2 things:
1. the problem is that I messed up the last patches.
please wait till dims checked in my latest patch. should
be this night.
2. In latest check out every request on a page
forces a new cocoon object. this causes a very
high system load on my machine too. I can't test
it rigth now. The logfile says, that the cocoon config
has changed, and because of that a new object is created.

I hope that my changes don't cause this effect.

Cheers
Gerhard

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Juli 2001 20:27
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: IMPORTANT: Issue with MRUMemmoryStore

We are getting NullPointerExceptions in MRUMemmoryStore when under load.
This
should not be.  The keys looked up are the XSP logicsheets, and this is the
Exception stacktrace available.

ERROR   99504   [cocoon  ] (Thread-40): Error in MRUMemoryStore!

java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore.checkSeriazable(MRUMemoryS
tore.java:349)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore.free(MRUMemoryStore.java:3
37)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore.hold(MRUMemoryStore.java:2
42)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore.store(MRUMemoryStore.java:
227)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.configur
e(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:132)

	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:108)

	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentHandler.get(DefaultCom
ponentHandler.java:92)

	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:246)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:230)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator
.java:153)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(Ab
stractEventPipeline.java:151)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEven
tPipeline.java:246)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.generateKey(Cachi
ngEventPipeline.java:108)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:279)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN18B(sitemap_xmap.java:1547)

	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:1051)

	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:997)

	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)

	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)

	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:488)

	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:500)

	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:448)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:78
8)

	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:701)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10I
nterceptor.java:143)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:424)

	at
a:497)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)