cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: VOTE - The cocoon protocol
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:41:35 GMT
Hi,

to finish the work on the cocoon: url protocol, we have to
decide how it should work, e.g. how to address a resource
of a parent sitemap etc.

Sylvain suggested the following:

Since "cocoon:" isn't a real URL protocol (host and port have no meaning
here), it could depend on the number of "/" characters, i.e. :
- "cocoon:hello.html" : relative to the current URI
- "cocoon:/hello.html" : relative to the current sitemap
- "cocoon://hello.html" : absolute from the root sitemap
<<<<

I think we should keep it as simple as possible. So I would vote
that we only use this two:
- "cocoon:/hello.html" : relative to the current sitemap
- "cocoon://hello.html" : absolute from the root sitemap

Using this notion it is not possible to directly refer to a
parent sitemap. You can only address the root sitemap or
the current sitemap.

Carsten