cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: something not correct with request object
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:57:49 GMT
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2001 13:22
> An: Cocoon-Dev
> Betreff: something not correct with request object
>

> Something broke my request object!
>
> I just upgraded to the latest CVS.
> And I cannot get any request parameters
> anymore. I use CA a lot.
>
> Carsten, maybe your last CA fixes have
> undesired side effects? I'll have a
> deeper look into this one...

Yes, actually my changes for making the cocoon:// url work,
did break this.
The aggregated parts now do not get the original parameters
from the request but they have one parameters, so you can
write cocoon:/mypart?parameter=value.

This is very important to give new and different parameters
to the aggregated pipelines. I think this is a useful
feature.

For your problem there are two solutions:
1. You "copy" the parameters to the parts
or
2. The parts get (inherit) the paramters from the original request
   and can add their own

Perhaps we should do the second approach?

Carsten