cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2] Missing content-length on PDF-Generation / IE Problems
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:57:46 GMT
We are currently planning to solve this problem.
It made last night some tests regarding the content length problem.

I found out that the logic currently inside cocoon2 is not
working! If the response is not served from the cache, the
content length for a reader and for a usual pipeline can only
be set after the output is written. Only at that point the
content length can be determined. But unfortunately at this
point it is too late.
Only if the response is served from the cache, the content
length is known and can be set before the output is written.

I am currently considering to change the Reader and the
Serializer interface to address this problem.
I'm looking into this today.

So consider this point as planned and "will be solved in
the beta 2".

Carsten