cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject AW: ContentAggregation and caching
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:14:36 GMT
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten,
> After you added "cocoon:" protocol, caching does not work anymore for
> aggregated pipelines. Do you have any plans on reviving this feature?
Yes, of course - but unfortunately time is currently very limited.
So if someone else wants to go with this...

Here is my suggestion for a working solution:

For making this work the only change should be to the CocoonSourceFactory.
This must only calculate a valid last modification date for the
whole pipeline.
As this is a EventPipeline the last modification date can only be
available/valid if the whole pipeline is cacheable.
The last modification could then be fetched from the time the
response of this eventpipeline was put into the cache.