cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Sitemap/subsitemap
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 10:41:41 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:
>
> > > Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > > sitemap/subsitemap.
> > the
> > > similar to "docs:
> > > capabilities
> > the

> > > "declared" in the
> > >
> > > Yes, it is true for components but aggregation is not componentized.
> > > You will have noticed that there isn't a Mounter as well :)
> > >
> > Not to forget the hard coded ErrorGenerator...
>
> Are you trying to give a hint to us ;) (componentizing error-handlers?)
> Isn't a standard DTD/Schema enought for errors?

Ok ok, you got me ... ;-(

It was just a try.

But to raise this discussion again.... ;-)
I think it's not the DTD/Schema which is enough, but the own partial
pipeline where I can use any sitemap components I like. So using
for example transformers or actions inside the error handler
allows me to do the same I could with my own custom ErrorGenerator.
But I still think an own ErrorGenerator is the easier approach.

PS: Perhaps we should continue this discussion when we start talking
    about Cocoon 3!

Carsten