cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: Jdk 1.2 or jdk1.3 ?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:33:00 GMT
Hi,

there current version of c2 is not compilable with the jdk1.2,
because of some reference to new methods of the java.net.URL
class which are introduced in jdk 1.3.
These are in the URLSource: getUserInfo() and in the
URLFactoryImpl: getPath().

So, now we face the question: which jdk is required for 1.3?

We could remove the getUserInfo() class in the URLSource.
This was only an additional feature for getting authenticated
http urls working, but I am not sure about the getPath() call.

I vote for using jdk 1.3.

Carsten