cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject request info action
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:11:36 GMT
I need to do a self post of a page that has some
parameters e.g.:

  /cocoon/test.html?param=test

To make it a self post I need the complete
URI plus query parameters to construct the new
form:

 <form action="/cocoon/test.html?param=test">
  or to put hidden fields into the form
  <input type="hidden" name="param" value="test">

In C1 it was possible to get the parameters via

<xsl:param name="test"/>

Which of course works only if you know the exact
amount and names of the parameters in your stylesheet.

This common stuff is still much to complicated!!

What came to my mind was to write an action for this.
So the action would just put the desired information
into the substitution map so I can use e.g.:

  <map:act type="request-info"/>
   <map:transformer>
     <map:parameter name="self-uri" value="{self-uri}"/>
     <map:parameter name="query-parameter" value="{query-parameter}"/>
   </map:transformer>
  </map:act>

But I have been wondering a couple of times...
Shouldn't there be some common standard parameter
available in the substitution map?! Like:

- requested uri
- servlet context or base-uri
- query parameters

Or is an action the better and cleaner way to go?

Comments?
--
Torsten