cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <>
Subject An observation on using session logicsheet ...
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:51:40 GMT

I observed the following while using C2beta1 session logicsheet ( WindowsNT,
Tomcat 3.2.1 ):

Use of statement " <session:set-attribute
an XSP page causes a NullPointerExcpetion at execution time. However,
preceding this statement with statement "<session:get-id as="xml"/>" gets
rid of the exception ( this is my current workaround).

While browsing the generated code and Cocoon source code for and, I realized that "<session:get-id
as="xml"/>" causes Request.getSession() to be called that creates the
session, whereas " <session:set-attribute
causes Request.getSession(false) to be called that doesn't create the

As I don't see any specific tag in session logicsheet for creating a
session, this may be a bug.

"Session Logicsheet" documentation talks of attribute "create-session" in
<xsp:page> tage but it didn't seem to work. I don't see this attribute being
used in XSP logicsheet "xsp.xsl" anyway !!

A plausible solution would be to introduce a tag <session:create-session/>
or a pair <session:create-session/> and <session:destroy-session/>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message