cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: actions and caching
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:56:33 GMT
Quoting Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@dff.st>:

> I'm wondering how actions influence caching!?

They don't do directly.

> Especially if one uses the result of an action
> in the sitemap. I assume using an action makes
> the result not cacheable?!

The caching signature are composed of all the component that are building up the
pipeline. Each component states on which "names" it depends on (genKey method).
The validity of a component is determined of the values of those names
(genValidity method).

If you can see now Action don't influence the caching behaviour of the pipeline
components directly. The pipeline components itself must state on what they
depend to the caching system.

Giacomo