cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McKibben <mmckib...@ncube.com>
Subject [C2] writeable workdir inside WEB-INF?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:41:14 GMT
I am new to cocoon and have been playing with the beta1 for several days
now. I am salivating over all the possibilities available with cocoon2!

One issue with the Cocoon Servlet: it seems unsafe to assume that the
WEB-INF/ directory is writeable by the Servlet (or for that matter, anything
inside the Servlet context!). What if the Servlet container serves
everything directly out of the WAR file? It seems a safer approach would be
to take advantage of the ServletContext attribute:
"javax.servlet.context.tempdir" (Servlet Spec, 4.7). This attribute is of
type java.io.File, and can be used as the base directory for the workdir.
This method should work even if the Servlet container is using a more
restrictive java policy.

Just an idea... :)

Regards,

--mike