cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@dingle.myra.com>
Subject Re: Are we ready for C2 Beta 2 yet [ Still MRUMemoryStore probs ]
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:47:10 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:37:42 EDT, Berin Loritsch wrote:

>I know we talked about a CVS freeze earlier this week (or was that last week?)
>.  Is the current CVS ready for a release at this time?  I think the last
>issues were MRUMemmoryStore bug fixes.

Hello all,

It looks like there's still a bit of a problem with the MRUMemoryStore.
It's only happening if the fs store is used.

The reading and writing of cached files are looking in different places.
Basically, the calls to fsstore.get() and fsstore.store() are using
different parameters.  The call to fsstore.store() is adding in
the cachedir path and the call to fsstore.get() isn't.

I've attached a Q&D patch to this and it works ...

BUT I've also noticed that the cache keys are used by other methods
such as remove().

This patch is assuming that the key and the file on the filesystem are in fact
the same thing.  Is that the intent?  The keys now being passed to the store()
and get() methods look like this:

  cache-dir-prefix/PCK%3ACCK%3A3-html-1PCK%3...

rather than just

  PCK%3ACCK%3A3-html-1PCK%3...

Other methods would not be getting the cache-dir-prefix/ .  Are the
cache keys intended to look like filesystem-like things? Or are
the keys supposed to be some abstraction of that?

Anyway, here's the quick & dirty patch that'll get the fs store working.