cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Beauprez Sven <Sven.Beaup...@the-ecorp.com>
Subject RE: [C2]: Planning beta 2
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:40:38 GMT

There is one outstanding issue: the SQLTransformer needs a JDBC driver that
implements at least callable statements. I don't think every DB has a driver
with this functionality, but the question now is: Is this a drawback? I mean
all commercial and all major open source DB's have a driver with this
functionallity and I think the added value of the new implementation is big
enough to consider to add the SQLTransformer to 2.0.
I know one user who had problem with PostgreSQL, but I found a driver
(didn't test it), which should implement the necessary functionality:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/

I guess you guys will have to vote on this one...

The other transformers i wrote shouldn't be a problem.

Sven