cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Cocoon RMI problem
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:35:31 GMT
At 09:44 AM 7/25/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>When I call the RMI method from a stand alone application all is OK. If I
>call the RMI method from XSP (or JSP, or Servlet) the compiler return me the
>following error:
>
>org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
>stylesheet to document:  error reading

I also ran into this problem, and I'll give you my work around, but I
wouldn't consider it a production-quality fix.

You had to start using tomcat with a securitymanager to get RMI to work
correctly, right? (To grant the SocketPermission to connect to the RMI
server). Put this snippet in your tomcat.policy file. It'll disable all
permissions, so it'll make it work short-term, but it is something that I
need to figure out over here before we deploy.

grant {
   permission java.net.SocketPermission "*:1024-65535", "connect";
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com