cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ExFormula
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:34:51 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > I thought you quit the ExFormula project since you had not
> > > time, Berin?!
> > >
> > > For sure I'll be happy to team up for this... question
> > > is: are we aiming directly add C2? If so I guess we should
> > > keep it in the cocoon tree ..
> >
> > I decided to reopen it (also as a testing ground and CVS
> > for my new d-haven.org venture).  I am more than happy
> > to supply CVS and mail-list support for the XForms support.
> > It will fulfill what the project set out to do--with the
> > end desire to fold the stuff back into Cocoon.
> >
> > The ExFormula project also had the idea of creating a graphical
> > form generator.
>
> Sounds cool!
>
> > I still don't have time to do the initial development--but since
> > you guys have started I see nothing wrong with using your code
> > to get things kick-started.
> >
> > It will also generate interest in the project as a whole.
> >
> > Torsten, Chris:
> > I have no problems granting you CVS access.
>
> Thanks! But do really think this should happen in
> a different CVS tree? If you think so I'm fine
> with that... I was just wondering because right
> now it'll have strong connection to C2

If we are talking about Actions and Generators/Transformers,
then no.  One of the things I had in mind for ExFormula was a
dynamic Action builder package that verified the results according
to a specific schema.  It's whole purpose was to have dedicated
Actions--that also took care of mapping the XML to a database.

In that sense, ExFormula would become a source factory that is
used during coding, but the Actions, Generators, and other
components were to be used during execution.