cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: [VOTE?] RE: Processing Time in last line in C2 like in 1.8?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:14:42 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Oops! Sent to wrong list!
>
> So, what's the public opinion on this?

Uh, personally I like seeing the times in the log file.  That makes it much
easier to keep a track of how long a page processed, as well as gleaning
average vs. peak times (i.e. when the JVM is garbage collecting).

With that ability, the request time embedded in the file I don't like.
Keep in mind that this also affects binary files (something that Cocoon 1
safely ignored).

Unless you intend to filter on mime-type I don't recommend embedding it
for all requests.