cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Morgan <wmorg...@calvin.edu>
Subject [C2b2] Error compiling sitemap
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:01:24 GMT
OK, I had Cocoon2 beta2 running, but now I get this error when I try to
start it:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap:
field manager not found

This generates a "The sitemap handler's sitemap is not availible" page.
I cannot figure out for the life of me what is causing this error. It
doesn't go away even when I delete the webapps/cocoon directory and let
Tomcat re-extract the cocoon.war file. I am running Tomcat 4.0b6 on
RedHat 6.2 with the IBM JDK 1.3.0 and like I said, it had been working,
but then one time when I restarted Tomcat (which I'd also done before
successfully), it started giving me this error. Is it just me, or is
beta1 a *lot* more reliable than beta2? I'm having no end of problems
with beta2, and it's all with stuff that worked fine under beta1. Very
frustrating.

Wes Morgan