cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Villa ...@prosolutions.de>
Subject Help: connectivity problem with cocoon 2
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:46:02 GMT
Hi there!

I have the following problem with cocoon 2.
   I get errors when I try to establish the connection between cocoon
and oracle.
   Running the simple-SQL (sql-page.xml) I get the following error:
   ---
   org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.:java.sql.SQLException: You cannot get a Poolable before the
pool is initialized
   ---
   Java is jdk1.3
   Oracle is 8.1.7 on Windows NT4 SP6a. I created an instance, which is
up and running.
   I can connect to it via sqlplus as well as via ODBC.
   I read the user mailings (bug 2190) and did the changes as described
(see attachments)
   I tried also the following:
   - got Oracle's classes12.zip, renamed to oracle.jar into
{tomcat-home}\lib
   - got Oracle's classes12.zip, renamed to oracle.jar into
{tomcat-home}\webapps\cocoon\webinf\lib
   - got Oracle's classes12.zip, produced a 'real' oracle.jar and put
into {tomcat-home}\lib
   - got Oracle's classes12.zip, produced a 'real' oracle.jar and put
into {tomcat-home}\webapps\cocoon\webinf\lib
   - changed the CLASSPATH to point also to the produced oracle.jar

   nothing helps.
   so: what am I doing wrong ?

   The cocoon.log shows :
   ---
   DEBUG   99604   [cocoon  ] (Thread-5):
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection: could not be
instantiated.
   ---

   What do I have to do ?

   Thanks in advance for any help!