cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: [C2] sitemap editor
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:10:47 GMT
steven.noels@the-ecorp.com wrote:

> [...]

Yes. After a deeper look into the JAXB papers there are a few more
important differences between JAXB and our toolkit:

a) JAXB uses a special binding-description which our toolkit tries not
to need.
   XSchema should be enough for it.

b) JAXB is not namespace aware which is a must if you like to describe
objects
   like the SOAP Fault message.

c) The toolkit uses strong typing in the produced marshalled objects.
This means
   that attributes are not likely to be supported so far for ordinary
instance
   variables of the objects because attribute values cannot be
explicitely typed.

Giacomo