cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Cocoon2
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:47:37 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > Ignore this.  It is due to a change in the GUMP build scripts that was
> > required to point to the new Excalibur CVS.  Excalibur is now officially
> > maintained separately to Framework--alowing additional components and
> > bug fixes to be released more often than Framework (which is _very_
> > stable at this point).
>
> I'm now running a test build to verify the fix to the scripts to cope
> properly with the new location for the Excalibur code.  I don't expect this
> particular problem to reoccur tonight.
>
> Note: it appears that Cocoon2 depends on Excalibur, so the stability of the
> Excalibur interfaces are something worth monitoring..

True.

The released components are considered Beta quality, so their interface
should remain constant--or deprecated (as is the case with the confusingly
named DefaultComponentManager/Selector).

The development components are part of the unnoficial "Scratchpad" project
that is simply a holding place for Alpha quality components awaiting the
acceptance into the full Excalibur package.  Among them is the Avalon i18n
solution that is now actively maintained by Neeme Praks.