cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject The long journey finally ends
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:39:29 GMT

I'm very happy to announce I've finally completed my studies and
received my degree of "Doctor of Electronic Engineering" from the
University of Pavia with a votation of 108/110.

>From now on, officially, my name turns into "Dott. Stefano Mazzocchi",
but as far as all of you are concerned, I'll remain the good old Stefano
I was before. Not even my signature will change. :)

As promised, my thesis is available online together with all the my
other papers on

I'll take a three-month vacation to recharge my batteries and be ready
for whatever comes next. In fact, as a result of all this, I'm
unemployed and, therefore, looking for a job.

Being honest, I must tell you that I already have some plans in mind,
but if you have a job to offer me, please, make yourself heard privately
with a detailed offer and I'll take it in serious consideration.
Relocation is not a problem if I like the city/country/planet :)

I'll be back fully operational on Apache communities on November, even
if I might lurk somewhat and start processing the mail digests when on
vacation (or ping some of you privately for updates). But don't expect
big contributions of time/energy before that time.

Hopefully, BTW, I'll have a software surprise for all of you when I get
back :) (a brand new project about Java and XML, this is all I'm going
to tell you)

As a final comment, I would like to say that without Apache I would have
graduated at least two years ago, but without Apache I wouldn't be the
person I am today, so I'm very happy that I both continued my
involvement in Apache and also continued my studies.

See you soon.

P.S. My vacations will bring me around the San Francisco Bay area around
the middle of september. Hope to see a bunch of you then.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message