cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject map:parameter in map:components
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:30:58 GMT
Hi team,

I just discovered that many of the new actions/selector/matchers that
Christian added a week ago rely on <map:parameter name="pname"
value="pvalue"> for their configuration inside the <map:components>, and
that a change on AbsctractAction also assumes this syntax for all
actions.

I'd like to remind the discussion that we had in May (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=99003664228771&w=2 )
whose results were :
- use namespace-less elements for component configuration in
<map:components>
- use <map:parameter> for request-time parameters in pipelines.

Additionnaly, this change introduces a dependency on the "map:" prefix
in the Java code, and IMHO it's a bad thing to depend on the namespace
prefix, since only the namespace URI really defines the namespace (we
still have to fix that in the XSP and Sitemap engines).

Christian, would you mind if I change the syntax ? It would be great to
have this fixed for beta 2.

Sylvain.
--
Sylvain Wallez