cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject [VOTE] Require developers to install Ant themselves.
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:00:32 GMT
The current trend among Jakarta projects is to require developers to
install ant on
their machines locally--and be responsible for current updates.  The
reason is that
it is becomming increasingly clear that we would otherwise have an
for EACH repository we have checked out.  This was true of all the
Avalon projects
until we unified their build systems.

This approach has its merits and drawbacks.  The merits are that it
raises interest
in Ant, and possibly contributing to Ant.  Drawbacks include the loss of
simply typing
./ to get the build going.  (Actually, we can keep the build
scripts that will simply
run the installed Ant).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: