cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@nc.rr.com>
Subject donation: stylesheet for excel output (pure java)
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:20:55 GMT
Hello,

I've been co-developing a project with another developer, Marc Johnson.
  The project is designed to allow for goals:

	1. port Microsoft's Ole 2 "Structured Storage" file format to (pure)
java.  (There is already a C port known as libole2, part of gnome)
	2. using this library create a system for reading/writing Excel
spreadsheets.  (pure java)  This will be easier than the first.
	3. create a Cocoon 2 serializer (and/or transformer?) for using this.
(pure java)
	4. make it easier to use XML for reporting and row/column data in a
crossformat manner.  (pure java)

We estimate another couple weeks or so.  At that point we'd like to
donate the source to the Cocoon project (or related project).

Would there be interest in this donation?  To what portion of the
project would this be most appropriate, or should this be seperate
somehow?  How would we go about doing it (the docs seemed to more point
to altering existing code than new stuff).

Thank you,

-Andy

PS Direct replies welcome for this topic (I'm on digest :-) ).