cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Action, Selector, Matcher and SitemapModelComponent
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:29:34 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to implement the FilePrefixMatcher I suggested in a previous
post and found that neither Selector nor Matcher implement
SitemapModelComponent, meaning they don't have access to the
SourceResolver provided in setup().

Also, Action doesn't implement SitemapModelComponent, but Action.act()
has all parameters SitemapModelComponent.setup() provides (plus the
Redirector).

What is the reason for all them not to be first-class sitemap citizens ?

Wouldn't it be more consistent (and convenient) for Action, Matcher and
Selector to implement SitemapComponent, and SelectorFactory to have
access to the SourceResolver (yes, I know, this will change the API) ?

Thanks.
--
Sylvain Wallez