cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: Planning beta 2 (Configurable JspGenerator which work with Oracle9iAS Containers for J2EE)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:28:27 GMT
Hi all:
   Is there any simple way to modified the JspGenerator in order to
accept a configuration parameter?
   It mean that JspGenerator accepts differents JspCompiler, for example:
   - com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet (Oracle9iAS Containers for J2EE)
   - oracle.jsp.JspServlet (Oracle JSP 1.1)

  - com.prism.JspWrapper (DB Prism wrapper which integrates DB Prism 1.2.1 with Cocoon 2 framework)

   I am working with the last option and with a modified version (hard
coded) of JspGenerator which has changed the lines:

             // start JSPServlet.
             Class clazz =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass("org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet");
             HttpServlet jsp = (HttpServlet) clazz.newInstance();

with these lines:

             // start JSPServlet.
             Class clazz =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass("com.prism.JspWrapper");
             Servlet jsp = (Servlet) clazz.newInstance();

Note that, I am using Servlet class instead of HttpServlet because is
higher in the level of inherency and it working with Oracle Object
Container for Java (9 iAS).
In the other hand, I am working in document with five step to install
and run Cocoon 2 with Oracle9iAS Containers for J2EE (OC4J)
(http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java/oc4j/content.html) and I will sent
it to this list.
Best regards, Marcelo.

--