cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From macie...@tiger.com.pl
Subject Re: AW: CachingCIncludeTransformer
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:49:50 GMT
On 5 Jul 2001, at 15:10, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ahh, now I understand the trick! You assume (correctly) that
> the underlying xml document used by the generator has not
> changed, so you could use the old values of the validity
> object. Ok, this should work.
>
> Sorry for being so blind.
>
> Carsten

Will you add it to the source tree or modify CIncludeTransformer?

There is another issue in CIncludeTransformer that should be resolved:
Sources are actually included by getting InputSource from source object and
parsing it:
<code>
    parser.parse(this.sourceResolver.resolve(src).getInputSource());
</code>

If sources are sitemap pipelines, it is inefficient(because of unnecessary
serialization/parsing stage), and should(?) be replaced by:

<code>
    this.sourceResolver.resolve(src).stream(this);
</code>

which will not serialize/parse SitemapSources.

Maciek Kaminski
maciejka@tiger.com.pl