cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject ESQL Changes (C2.1 only!)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:04:13 GMT
Team,

I have commited to CVS what I have announced a couple of days
back. Although no one objected then, this might be controversial so I
checked in only to C2.1.

Changed API
    * <esql:column> replaced by generic <esql:param name="column"> like
      all other taglibs do.

New tags: (name says it all)
    * get-object
    * get-metadata
    * get-resultset
    * get-column-type (as int)

Changed Behaviour
    * get-columns now tries to print out complex types as well by
      looking at jdbc type & if object is instance of List or Set.
      Since it is non trivial to retrieve sensible names for parts of
      complex types, this introduces <sql-row>, <sql-row-item>,
      <sql-list>, <sql-list-item>, <sql-set>, <sql-set-item>.

    * <esql:column> accepted only numbers and strings
      now <esql:param name="column"> accepts expressions as well.
      Example:

	<esql:get-object>
	   <esql:param name="column"><xsp:expr>i+1</xsp:expr></esql:param>
	<esql:get-object>

    * <esql:row-results> & friends now enclose everything in
      <xsp:content>. If superfluous, these tags just disapear when the
      xsp taglib is applied. OTOH they make behaviour for those new to
      esql a bit friendlier.
      Example:

         <esql:results>
            <esql:row-results>
	       count=<esql:get-int column="1"/>
            </esql:row-results>
         </esql:results>

     This would have resulted in an compile error. Now this compiles
     and outputs "j=42".

For more details see my previous mails on this.

If this survives for the next week without getting me killed by angry
user / developers I'll put it into C2 and C1 as well ;-)

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de