cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: AW: Some comments on Cocoon 2.0b2
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:25:59 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:40:20 +0200 (CEST), Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
wrote:
--
> 	Example, IMHO adding a header and footer to a document should be
> 	something done towards the end of a pipeline, just before serialization,
> 	not at the beginning, especially where long transforms are involved.

Here's a snippet from one of my sitemaps. It shows using aggregation to add XHTML content
to its correct place in the page, as the last step before serialization. The layout.3hf.xsl

(3hf stands for 3-column, header and footer) just xsl-copies the XHTML content to
the right place on the layout tables/divs, and is agnostic as to which kind
of content is used.

      <map:match pattern="">
        <map:aggregate element="page">
          <map:part src="cocoon:header/frontPage"
                    element="layout-header" />
          <map:part src="cocoon:mainMenu"
                    element="layout-leftbar" />
          <map:part src="cocoon:sectionMenu/frontPage"
                    element="layout-rightbar" />
          <map:part src="cocoon:footerMenu"
                    element="layout-footer"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon:rootPageContent"
                    element="layout-content" />
        </map:aggregate>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/layout.3hf.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize />
      </map:match>

--
Sergio Carvalho