cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 2621] New: - xsp logicsheets are broken
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:10:35 GMT
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2621

*** shadow/2621	Fri Jul 13 11:10:35 2001
--- shadow/2621.tmp.6156	Fri Jul 13 11:10:35 2001
***************
*** 0 ****
--- 1,100 ----
+ +============================================================================+
+ | xsp logicsheets are broken                                                 |
+ +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+ |        Bug #: 2621                        Product: Cocoon 2                |
+ |       Status: NEW                         Version: 2.0alpha CVS            |
+ |   Resolution:                            Platform: PC                      |
+ |     Severity: Critical                 OS/Version: Linux                   |
+ |     Priority: Other                     Component: sitemap components      |
+ +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+ |  Assigned To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org                                    |
+ |  Reported By: balld@webslingerZ.com                                        |
+ |      CC list: Cc:                                                          |
+ +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+ |          URL:                                                              |
+ +============================================================================+
+ |                              DESCRIPTION                                   |
+ hey guys. i've got an xsp page like so:
+ 
+ <xsp:page
+   xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
+   xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
+   xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request"
+   language="java"
+ >
+ 
+ <page>
+   <esql:connection>
+     <esql:pool>intranet</esql:pool>
+     <esql:execute-query>
+       <esql:query>select
+ client_table.id,client_table.name,client_status_table.name from
+ client_table,client_status_table where client_status_id =
+ client_status_table.id and client_id =
+ <esql:parameter><xsp-request:get-parameter
+ name="id"/></esql:parameter></esql:query>
+ 
+ this is just about as vanilla as it gets. it fails to compile, warning:
+ 
+ WARN    10793   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-1): Sitemap Error Process
+ org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
+ Exception:org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error
+ compiling client_xsp:
+ Line 305, column 71:  ')' expected.
+ the source it fails to compile is:
+ 
+ _esql_query.prepared_statement.setString(1, String.valueOf(""
+   + xspAttr.addAttribute("", "name", "name", "CDATA", "id");
+ this.contentHandler.startElement("http://apache.org/xsp/request",
+ "get-parameter", "xsp-request:get-parameter", xspAttr);
+ 
+ so instead of trying to resolve the call to get-parameter, the xsp engine
+ is creating a get-parameter element on the output sax stream. hm.
+ 
+ maybe the xsp-request logicsheet isn't being applied as it ought:
+ 
+ DEBUG   68470   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Making URL from
+ jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database/WEB-
+ INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/esql.x
+ sl
+ DEBUG   68470   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Logicsheet
+ Used:jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database
+ /WEB-INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/e
+ sql.xsl
+ DEBUG   68471   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Making URL from
+ jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database/WEB-
+ INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/reques
+ t.xsl
+ DEBUG   68471   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Logicsheet
+ Used:jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database
+ /WEB-INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/r
+ equest.xsl
+ DEBUG   68471   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Making URL from
+ jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database/WEB-
+ INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/xsp.xs
+ l
+ DEBUG   68471   [cocoon  ] (tcpConnection-6802-0): Logicsheet
+ Used:jar:file:/usr/local/resin/virtual/intranet.webslingerZ.com/webapps/database
+ /WEB-INF/lib/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/x
+ sp.xslbut no, it's certainly listed there. maybe some change has affected the
+ get-nested-content function used by esql to resolve the nodes underneath
+ esql:parameter - well, no, it can't be that since i tried moving
+ xsp-request:get-parameter to somewhere else and it didn't work there
+ either, same basic problem.
+ 
+ only other thing i can think is that maybe esql isn't copying its input
+ nodes as it ought, screwing them up somehow, but no, it's got this rule:
+ 
+ <xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1">
+   <xsl:copy>
+     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
+   </xsl:copy>
+ </xsl:template>
+ 
+ which is correct.
+ 
+ i honestly couldn't tell you when this stuff broke because i haven't used
+ xsp in a while and i'm beginning to remember why i abandoned it in the
+ first place. i'm switching gears back to the InspectionTransformer, but
+ this bug should really be resolved before 2.1 is released. it should be
+ easy to duplicate, let me know if i should check in an example tho.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message