cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <>
Subject Sitemap/subsitemap
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:55:35 GMT
I need to understand the capabilities and limitations of sitemap/subsitemap.
Is there any documentation describing the sitemap/subsitemap design,
assumptions and  usage? If it does not exist - is it possible to ask the
person who designed that behavior to put together the doc similar to "docs:
draft on matchers and selectors" just to have all the ideas, capabilities
and limitations in one place? ( I know that I can figure out it from the
code - but it is time consuming and not always clearly showing all
capabilities and limitations).

The second question is:
we have Generators which - generate
	  Transformers which - transform
        Matchers 	which - match
	  Selectors which - select
	  Actions which - act
	  ??      which - aggregate

It is a pattern that the components used in the system are "declared" in the
sitemap before they are used as a part of pipeline definition.
Why the aggregation is not following the pattern?

Kinga Dziembowski
Hewlett Packard
HP Bluestone Middleware Division
6000 Irwin Road