cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Re: Usage of request parameters in sitemap?!
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:12:43 GMT
On Wednesday 11 July 2001 01:18 pm, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Quoting Mariano Kamp <mkamp@codamax.com>:

> >   how can I use request parameters in serializer?

> You cannot. Serializers are there for only one purpose: serialize a SAX
> event to a byte stream. Nothing more and nothing less. If you have the need
> to access environmental objects use a Transformer.

I do only use that for serializing sax events to a a stream, but this stream
is an image an needs a size. So I think I do stay in the picture.

However I did understand that this is something, which "violates" your
concepts and I have to move it to a preceeding transformer. I'll do that then.

Mariano