cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Ricker NG" <ricke...@usonia.net>
Subject Re: DTD for XMAP
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:23:22 GMT
Thanks, Bruno.

And to the rest of the list, the DTD I posted has lots of comments with questions. These questions
need to be answered before the DTD can be finalized. Bruno has answered some of them. However,
who knows the answer to questions like this:

Are elements such as the various component declarations, views, resources, action-sets, and
even the pipelines element all optional or mandatory?

I will include Bruno's comments and repost the DTD.

Also, would the group prefer a DTD as primary and XSD as back up, or vice versa?

Jeffrey Ricker
rickerng@usonia.net

----- Original Message -----
  From: Dumon Bruno
  To: 'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 8:12 AM
  Subject: RE: DTD for XMAP

  A while back I started writing a sitemap schema using relax-ng. I've compared it a little
with your DTD and found some shortcommings:
  - the element 'label' isn't supported
  - elements such as the various component declarations, views, resources, action-sets, and
even the pipelines element are all optional (at least I think so)
  - the serialize element has empty content, while it should allow parameter-elements inside
it. It could also have mime-type and status-code attributes
  - the aggregate element can have a prefix attribute
  - the pipeline element can have an internal-only attribute
  - the mount element can have a reload-method attribute
  - ...

  To know what element/attributes exist you can look in the sitemap.xsl file.

  I've attached my relax-ng schema, which is usable but could be improved. More information
and a link to a relax-ng implementation can be found on http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/

  Bruno Dumon