cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <c.ziege...@online.de>
Subject AW: [C2B2] Big Bug in sub-sitemap handling (?)
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:22:00 GMT
Hi,

as I am on vacation right now, I can't test or even build c2. Looking
through the generated code
for subsitemaps for about 5 minutes, I think it is wrong:

When a subsitemap is entered the invoke() method of the sitemap manager is
called, this
method gets among some other paramters the EventPipeline and the
StreamPipeline. These are
passed to the subsitemap and used there to initialize components which
belong to a
ComponentManager of the subsitemap. After the event is processed, the root
sitemap
releases the objects with the ComponentManager of the root sitemap and not
of the subsitemap,
so they cannot be released.
This actually is only my guess. Perhaps I am wrong. (But I hope not).

So, could someone test this by simply changing the sitemap.xsl, so that the
invoke() method
of the sitemap manager is called without passing the event and stream
pipeline, please? The
manager has the invoke method with both signatures.

If I get some free time in my vacation I could perhaps look at the result
tomorrow evening.
But don't expect any reply from me for the next days...Sorry!

Greetings from the sun,

Carsten

Matthew Langham wrote:

After comparing the logs I can now add a little to that:

When the pipeline is in the subsitemap components such as the
TraxTransformer are _retrieved_ from the pool - but they are not returned!
This is the case if the pipeline is in the "normal" sitemap.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----