cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'Neill" <ke...@rocketred.com.au>
Subject Generators
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:43:51 GMT
I'm in the process of creating a cocoon 2 generator and I have a couple
of questions that I don't seem to be able to find the answers to in the
documentation, if this is just a matter of my eyes being blind to the
documentation then please tell me to RTFM (with a reference if
possible).

I have a generator that calls an EJB Session Bean to do some processing
and returns me a JDOM document that I then trigger the SAX events from.

I want to create the reference to the home interface once when the
object is fist initialised and put into the pool. At the moment (as I
can't seem to locate the correct method to implement/override) I'm
initialising the reference on object creation using a parameter from a
properties file. I'd rather do this in some sort of lifecycle event a
little like ejbCreate and read the home interface jndi location from a
parameter in the sitemap file.

Can anybody point me in the right direction, at some sample code?

k.