cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [RT C2]: Logging information
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:10:00 GMT
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> what do you think about enhancing the information logged to the
> cocoon.log?
> For debugging etc. it would help to have a better formatted
> time information, the current url request perhaps the current
> ip address of the client etc.
> So I would suggest to pass the current environment/objectModel
> to the logging methods and they can extract everything they
> need from it and log it.
>
> Any suggestions? Comments? etc?

Channels! Channels! Channels! I am tired of wading through all of the
DEBUG messages produced by the ComponentManager, et. al., but i don't want
to crank the error level up to INFO or WARN since _my_ components DEBUG
all the time. I want configurable channels! the enhancements you suggest
would be nice as well, but channels would rock my world more than anything
else.

- donald