cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]Source exclusion in build.xml : which way ?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:18:05 GMT
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi cocooners,
>
> I wanted to patch build.xml so that LDAPTransformer is compiled only if
> JNDI is present, but I noticed that two ways are used to filter
> compilation depending on classpath :
> - in the prepare-src-main target (don't copy them to build/src)
> - in the compile target (leave them in build/src, but don't compile
> them).
>
> So what's the rule about using one or the other ? Or is there no
> particular rule ?

There is no particular rule for it.

I've had to used a third method (separate ant targets in the dependancy
chain) for the RequestWrapper classes because depending of the
servet.jar available I had to copy different sources to the same name.

I've seen, that the Ora stuff uses both of your approaches :) to be
sure.

Giacomo