cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <>
Subject Re: Can we update
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:15:43 GMT
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't we put Cocoon 2 as a root link on like
> > Xalan-J 2?
> It is possible, but painful (uses xml-stylebook).

I'm not sure is fully generated by stylebook. I have the
feeling that most of the xml sub projects just copy their stuff directly
into /www/

> What would be wonderful is if the whole site were redone using the static
> HTML generation capabilities of cocoon2.

Yes, indead! I've had a talk with a guy (can't remember his name right
now) several weeks (or month) ago about that. As you can see the dist is
so huge that it is not suited to replace xml-stylebook :( This is the
price you have to pay for appliances of that many different products as
C2 is doing.

So, this calls for a general infrastructural work for all xml sub
projects site to have a procedure which every project can participate.

Any ideas around out there ?