cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Jikes
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:02:51 GMT
Hi John,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Morrison, John wrote:

> Is this sentence in xsp-internals still correct:
>
> "Compiled programming languages must specify their preferred compiler as a
> sitemap parameter"
>
> or should it read something along the lines of:
>
> "Compiled programming languages must specify their preferred compiler as a
> parameter in cocoon.xconf"

	I think this one - as the compiler option is in:

<programming-languages>
    <component-instance name="java"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage">
      <parameter name="compiler"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac"/>
      <parameter name="code-formatter"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JstyleFormatter"/>
      <parameter name="class-loader"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.ClassLoaderManagerImpl"/>
    </component-instance>
</programming-languages>

	in the cocoon.xconf.

> Also, has anybody detailed notes for getting jikes to work instead of javac?
> Can I put the jikes exe within the webapp or does it _have_ to exist in the
> system path?

	In the above snippet change,

<parameter name="compiler"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac"/>

<parameter name="compiler"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Jikes"/>

	and everything should work fine, as long as Jikes is found in your
	system path.

	If you're using Jikes 1.14 you'll need to apply my patch from
	yesterday to your sources to get error messages printed out correctly.

	Make sure rt.jar is added to your WEB-INF/lib directory too though as
	its needed by Jikes to compile files that include java.* classes.

	Hope that helps.

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750