cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [C2.1] Performance and Startup times
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:14:13 GMT
n Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>
> > I think one of the big delays is the initialisation of multiple pool
> > components?  Is lazy initialisation / loading a desirable and feasible
> > option?
>
> _something_ to improve startup times would be nice.

	I found using Jikes to compile the sitemap and xsp components helps
	improve performance quite a bit, at least on our platforms (sparc and
	intel linux).

> > I'm running on Mac OS X which also has its performance quirks, so it may
> > be more a platform issue than anything else, but I'm currently having to
> > wait up to 10 minutes just to get things running.
>
> yow. i only have to wait 30-45 seconds to get everything cooking after
> restarting tomcat.

	ouch... ditto..

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750