cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [C2] I18NTransformer: caching of dictionaries
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:19:31 GMT
Hi All,

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:

> > is anybody working on the caching of dictionaries in the I18NTransformer?
>
> Marcus Crafter (Marcus.Crafter@osa.de) volunteered to redesign i18n
> dictionaries and base them on Avalon i18n XML bundles. I think that caching
> will be supported too.

	Yes, I'm currently rewriting how the i18n transformer accesses the
	dictionary files. In the avalon scratchpad there is an
	XMLResourceBundle/Factory class which performs auto lookups for
	catalogues, and also currently supports caching. I intend to use it to
	handle everything.

> > If not, so I could do that.
> >
> > Are there any thoughts or proposals for it?
>
> See Avalon i18n support. You can find it in sources only.

	I'm sure lots of work can be done to the XMLResourceBundle to
	improve it - it's not yet officially part of Avalon, so help would
	definitely be appreciated there.

	I'll be sending in a few patches in the next day or so.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750