cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [C2][Xalan2] Possible Bug? (Was Re: more data on the pattern matching bug)
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:28:54 GMT

Unfortunately I can't tell much from the stack dump... it looks like a
nested exception that is not being unrolled properly.  Can you  work with
me on this on a fairly fine-grained basis?  I really don't want to try and
reproduce the problem on my machine right now.  I'll have to send you some
jars with debug statements in them, until we can get to the bottom of this.
(Firstly, in waitTransformThread() we should just dump the exception
immediatly before it is stuffed into a SAXException.  My god... how I have
learned to hate checked exceptions...).

-scott

                    Donald Ball

                    <balld@websli        To:     <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>, <dims@yahoo.com>

                    ngerZ.com>           cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: [C2][Xalan2] Possible Bug? (Was
Re: more data on the
                    06/22/2001           pattern matching bug)

                    02:30 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Scott,
>
> - I have not seen the bug myself.
> - Here's the URL to the original mail from Donald.
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=99316067430692&w=2
> - We are using xalan.jar from latest CVS code.
> - Have not added Bugzilla entry yet.
>
> We'll have to wait for more info from Donald.

yeah, using the latest xalan from the cocoon2 cvs that dims checked in, i
still get this exception when trying to use xsp pages:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.waitTransformThread(TransformerImpl.java:2884)

    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:397)

    at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
    at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
    at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endDocument(SAXParser.java:1230)
    at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndDocument(XMLValidator.java:1079)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$EndOfInputDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1555)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)

    at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1035)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.generateCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:134)

is there any more data i can provide on this problem?

- donald