cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject WG: Bugs in XIncludeTransformer
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:56:41 GMT


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jörn Heid [mailto:heid@fh-heilbronn.de]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. Juni 2001 01:34
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Bugs in XIncludeTransformer


First Bug:

 public void setDocumentLocator(Locator locator) {
        try {
            base_xmlbase_uri = urlFactory.getURL(locator.getSystemId());
            if (current_xmlbase_uri == null) {
                current_xmlbase_uri = base_xmlbase_uri;
            }
        } catch (MalformedURLException e)
{getLogger().debug("XincludeTransformer", e);}
        super.setDocumentLocator(locator);
  }

has to be changed to


 public void setDocumentLocator(Locator locator) {
        try {
            base_xmlbase_uri = urlFactory.getURL(locator.getSystemId());
//            if (current_xmlbase_uri == null) {
                current_xmlbase_uri = base_xmlbase_uri;
//            }
        } catch (MalformedURLException e)
{getLogger().debug("XincludeTransformer", e);}
        super.setDocumentLocator(locator);

The caching only works if the xml files can use the same base.
E.g. /test1.xml and /test2.xml work fine with href="included.xml" but
     /a/test3.xml would use href="include.xml" instead of "../included.xml"
because of caching.


The second bug is more complicated.
The problem is that the current_xml_base is for example /test/test.xml. The
url with
url = urlFactory.getURL(current_xmlbase_uri,href);
will be /test/test.xml../included.xml instead of /test/../included.xml. I
think it's a bug in URLFactory, but I didn't fix it there. I implemented my
own Transformer and here's how I did it:

    public void setDocumentLocator(Locator locator) {
        try {
            base_xmlbase_uri = urlFactory.getURL(locator.getSystemId());
            if (current_xmlbase_uri == null) {
                current_xmlbase_uri = base_xmlbase_uri;
            }
        } catch (MalformedURLException e)
{getLogger().debug("XincludeTransformer", e);}
        super.setDocumentLocator(locator);
    }

was changed to (the first bug is fixed here, too):

    public void setDocumentLocator(Locator locator) {
        try {
            base_xmlbase_uri = urlFactory.getURL(locator.getSystemId());
            //if (current_xmlbase_uri == null) {
               current_xmlbase_uri = base_xmlbase_uri;
            //   }

            // If url ends with .xxx then truncate to dir
            if (current_xmlbase_uri.toExternalForm().lastIndexOf('.') >
current_xmlbase_uri.toExternalForm().lastIndexOf('/'))
               current_xmlbase_uri = new
URL(current_xmlbase_uri.toExternalForm().substring(0,
current_xmlbase_uri.toExternalForm().lastIndexOf('/')+1));
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                getLogger().debug("XincludeTransformer", e);
                }
        super.setDocumentLocator(locator);
    }

and

 protected void processXIncludeElement(String href, String parse) throws
SAXException,MalformedURLException,IOException {
        getLogger().debug("Processing XInclude element: href="+href+",
parse="+parse);
        URL url;
        String suffix;
        int index = href.indexOf('#');
        if (index < 0) {
            url = urlFactory.getURL(current_xmlbase_uri,href);
            suffix = "";

was altered to

 protected void processXIncludeElement(String href, String parse) throws
SAXException,MalformedURLException,IOException {
        getLogger().debug("Processing XInclude element: href="+href+",
parse="+parse);
        URL url;
        String suffix;
        int index = href.indexOf('#');
        if (index < 0) {
            url = urlFactory.getURL(current_xmlbase_uri,"/"+href);
            suffix = "";



The caching is problematic. As the XInclude-Transformer does not have a
src-attribute it could not determine if a change has been made. I don't know
much about the caching in C2. If the caching is disabled if ONE component
says so, the XInclude-Transformer could always say ok to caching. If not,
the transformer should behave as the generator - if the generator has
changes the transformer should do so, too. But how can you implement that?

JOERN_HEID


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: giacomo [mailto:giacomo@apache.org]
Gesendet: Samstag, 16. Juni 2001 20:55
An: Cocoon-Users
Betreff: Re: XIncludeTransformer not cacheable?


On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Jörn Heid wrote:

> Why is the XIncludeTransformer not cacheable?
> I do not know how to implement it as it just transforms a xml file from
the
> pipeline.

Nobody has added the necessary methods and interfaces to that component.
If you'd like to enhance the XIncludeTransformer have a look at the
TraxTransformer.

>
> BTW I found two bugs in it. If there's a developer of Cocoon, please send
me
> your eMail. I will explain it.

Please explain the bugs you've found here on the list.

Giacomo


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message