cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: Environment and ComponentManager (and the cocoon: url)
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:11:51 GMT
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I again and again face the big problem that the Environment cannot
> get any components as it does not have access to the ComponentManager.
>
> Is there any chance to make some simple changes that the Environment
> gets a ComponentManager from somewhere? Or is this bad design?
> (By the way: As far as I see it now this would help alot in
> implementing the
> cocoon: url).
>
> Suggestions? Comments?

Ok, after a little bit more thinking, I could imagine the following
solution (which is actually a little hack):
- The SourceResolver (which is currently the environment) implements
  some of the Avalon Interfaces (Composable, Disposable).
- As the SourceResolver cannot be instantiated by Avalon (or the
  ComponentManager) - remember this is the current Environment -
  these methods (compose() etc.) have to be called by the sitemap
  when the environment is processed.

With this hack the SourceResolver has access to the component
manager and can there access any configured components, e.g.
the URLFactory class or the EventPipelines.

Any other thoughts on this?

Carsten