cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2.1] Performance and Startup times
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:39:59 GMT
I appreciate this is a very unscientific question, but:  how are people
finding the performance of the current C2 or C2.1 release of Cocoon 2,
particularly with regard to startup times and compared with earlier C2
releases and C1?

I think one of the big delays is the initialisation of multiple pool
components?  Is lazy initialisation / loading a desirable and feasible
option?

I'm running on Mac OS X which also has its performance quirks, so it may
be more a platform issue than anything else, but I'm currently having to
wait up to 10 minutes just to get things running.

Stuart.